Wednesday, January 2, 2008

my 2008 new year's resolution...

2007 - another year...of good and bad things that have happened.

2008 - another year...of good and bad things to come...

another year...of LIFE!

i'm quite excited this year because it happens to be (according to chinese calendar/zodiac) the year of the rat! i'm pretty sure a lot of surprises and BETTER things are bound to happen for me this year...so, i'm keeping my fingers crossed and my hopes up!

before i completely close my 2007, i have here a list of a few things i intend to leave behind me and try to change them this coming new year. more commonly known as new year's resolution, i also am listing things that i intend to start doing and try and make it a part of my routine. so here it goes:

this year, I will STOP:

1. drinking softdrinks

i have done this before and actually eliminated it for quite a while. i'm not sure what prompted me to start drinking again and getting addicted to coke, sprite, royal, etc. and just recently, i confirmed that drinking such beverages does not have any nutritional value whatsoever. but this stuff sure tastes great! awww...i'm gonna miss Coca Cola and Pepsi...

2. eating junkfoods

again, another one of those things that won't do you any good...i sure will miss funky, nova, piattos, and tortillos...

3. unneccessary eating

another unhealthy habit that i should start getting rid of my system...how i love to have my midnight snack,
my afternoon merienda, my in-between meals, my double-breakfast, my double-dinner...

4. eating too much rice

i just can't have enough...i eat like a bandehado-ful of rice in the morning, during lunch and at dinner...i just take too much carbohydrates in one day (which is every single day!!!) i do have to learn to control and lessen how much rice i eat so as to help in toning down my tummy and making it slimmer...hehehe

5. unnecessary expenses

probably my most problematic year in terms of my financial needs...i swear that i wouldn't let anything like this happen again! though, basically the major expenses were because of our newly-built house, still i have to admit that i was a little too lax when it comes to handling my own money this year. and this year, 2008, i plan not to allow that to happen again and would focus all my energies in strictly following an expense schedule that i plan on having.

6. making comments about people (in front of other people)

just keep it to myself...hehehe although people would be surprise when i start keeping my comments to myself, i find that it has been better (and less stressful) when i don't speak against people in front of of others. as opinionated as i am, i discovered that i performed better when i leave people alone. and yes, there was a certain point in time when i didn't comment, lash out on other people's attitudes, shortcomings, failures or arrogance.

i guess leaving people to their weaknesses is more liberating and peaceful because of the fact that at the end of the day, we all end up doing the same things...we all end up doing the same mistakes, if not doing more mistakes than most people we talk about or comment on...and ironically, i was commenting these people for their mistakes, when i myself were committing them...

the worst thing about it is that talking against people (especially behind their backs) always ends up as a double-edged sword, it cuts us as well...

so this year, instead of lashing out on other people, i would focus my attention on dealing with my shortcomings, my mistakes, my attitude...my arrogance...when i come to think of it, i have a long way to go to be arrogant of the insignificant things i have done.

7. getting upset easily

although this has been a long-fought battle within me, i think it takes guts and discipline to really train yourself to be more patient and understanding...i pride myself in being able to control my emotions in numerous occasions considering the conditions that i'm in...aside from the fact that my temperament is innately aggressive, the medical operations i went through adds an indirect (if not, direct) side effect on my temper.

so it really isn't easy to control such natural forces especially when it comes to being upset and emotional. but nevertheless, i don't want to make excuses and opted to try and suppress these emotional "outbursts" to maintain a sociable and lively atmosphere especially among my friends and my siblings. so don't ever fool with me! hahaha ;p

8. being idle (doing absolutely NOTHING!!!)

there were days and precious time i've wasted all through out the year where i didn't do what i needed to do...i didn't start what needed to be started...in short, i was being LAZY!!! though i haven't really started on this, i promise to be more proactive not only physically, but mentally all year round! so books and tutorials, here i come!

9. being judgmental

i think the "mother of all evil"...the consequences of being prejudice can be lethal...and downright "inhuman"...

from our prejudices, other heart-crushing things roots out - discrimination, stereotypes, sexist, ageism, oppression, dominance, preferential treatment, etc.

from the things i've stated above, i'm sure you don't need anymore explanations on why i chose to eliminate this negative trait...just think of the golden rule: "don't do unto others, what you don't want others to do unto you."

10. being bitter

bottom line is, i need to leave all my excess baggage behind...leave it all to the previous year and start anew this new year - 2008...to those who knew me well, they know what i'm referring to...hehehe




No comments:

Post a Comment